No boundaries. Just opportunities.
For over 25 years, ORS have been assisting people achieve their goals through provision of Workplace Rehabilitation, and Injury Prevention, Disability, Psychological and Training Services. We have offices in WA, NSW and ACT from which we offer a range of services to injured workers, people with disability, employers and insurance agents. These include:
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) – tailored supports to people with a permanent and significant disability
- Workplace Rehabilitation & Occupational Health – programs and training designed to support safe workplaces and a sustainable return to work
- Psychological Services and Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) – support, counselling and training services for groups and individuals to maximise potential
- Personal Helpers and Mentors (PHaMs) – helping people with significant mental health issues with employment
Be the best organisation in the world at helping people achieve their vocational goals
we believe in what we do
We strive for sustainable solutions and outcomes in everything we do. Throughout the business, from our big-picture operations down to every interaction with clients, employers, insurance agents and health practitioners, we implement the following philosophies to help us achieve this goal:
- We believe that through a focus on opportunities rather than boundaries, we can make a positive difference in people’s lives
- We firmly believe that everyone is employable and all of our clients can achieve a meaningful work outcome
- We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect
- We believe in the empowerment of individuals and we stay true to this in our operations and interactions with all stakeholders
- We believe in the case management model as a valuable process to assess needs, identify and overcome barriers and achieve goals
- We believe in what we do and that what we do makes a real and tangible difference in the lives of many
These core values underpin all that we do for and with our staff, our clients and the communities in which we operate. They guide our services and processes and ultimately the way we do business.
- Making a Difference – We are committed to effecting a positive change in the lives of our staff, clients and the communities in which we work
- Exceptional Service – We are dedicated to taking the time to understand the needs of others, embracing diversity, and working collaboratively to achieve the best outcomes for our staff, clients and the communities in which we work
- One Team – We are united in our mission to be the best organisation in the world helping people to achieve their vocational goal
- Accountable – We take accountability for our actions and outcomes and are committed to operate ethically while providing the highest level of service to deliver outstanding result
- Innovative – We seek out opportunities to deliver outstanding results by applying creative thinking and innovative strategies to continuous improvement of our systems, processes and client services
creative thinking and innovative strategies
We like to ensure our services consistently meet client requirements, and that quality is consistently improved which is why every year we undergo a rigorous external audit to ensure our systems are efficient and effective and comply with ISO 9001:2015
National Standards for Disability Services (NSDS)
We are certified against the National Standards for Disability Services (NSDS) for provision of NDIS and WANDIS services. We value these standards as they have a great focus on person-centered approaches and promote choice and control for people with disability.
Chief Executive Officer, Peter Scott
Peter is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. He recognises that helping people achieve their vocational goals is one significant way to do that, and inspires this belief in all who work with ORS Group.
Peter has been involved in workplace rehabilitation in both Australia and the United States of America since 1982 and in employment services since 1975. Prior to taking over ORS Rehabilitation & Placement Services, Peter was one of the founding managers of the Rehabilitation Division at the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Commission (WorkCover WA).
Peter has a Bachelor’s degree and Graduate Diploma in Psychology, a Master’s degree in Rehabilitation Counselling and is an accomplished trainer, innovator and leader.