Making a Difference
For over 20 years, The ORS Group has been in the business of making a difference. We empower job seekers to achieve their goals by connecting them with the best possible employment opportunities; help people who are struggling or have been injured at work find better ways of working or more suited career options; provide training to help individuals improve their skills and knowledge; and work with employers to create safe, supportive and productive workplaces so employees can reach their potential. We are the one-stop centre for all of your employment and workplace needs. Whether you are a job seeker, an employer, an employee or a medical practitioner, we are focused on YOU and we know we can help.
The one-stop centre for all of your employment and workplace needs.
What We Are About
The ORS Group started out as a workplace rehabilitation provider, employing just 6 people and focusing only on the needs of the individual. Over the years, The ORS Group has won numerous government and private sector contracts and has greatly expanded their breadth of services. Our current services include; Disability Employment Services, workplace rehabilitation, injury prevention & wellness, training services, Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), HR consulting and outplacement.
The ORS Group is a national organisation with over 50 locations across Australia, spanning the following regions: Western Australia, New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Tasmania and the Australian Capital Territory. The ORS Group is focused on empowering people to make decisions to improve their position personally and professionally by providing high-quality service with a passion and dedication that is second to none.
“Be the best organisation in the world helping people achieve their vocational goals.”
We strive for sustainable solutions and outcomes in everything we do. Throughout the business, from our big-picture operations down to every interaction with clients, employers and health practitioners, we implement the following philosophies to help us achieve this goal.
- We believe that through what we do and the effort we put in, we can make a positive difference in people’s lives
- We firmly believe that everyone is employable and all of our clients can achieve a meaningful work outcome
- We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect
- We believe in the empowerment of individuals and we stay true to this in our operations and interactions with clients, customers and employees
- We believe in the case management model as a valuable process to assess needs, identify and overcome barriers and achieve goals
- We believe in what we do and that what we do makes a real and tangible difference in the lives of many.
These core values underpin all that we do for and with our staff, our clients and the communities in which we operate. They guide our services and processes and ultimately the way we do business.
- Making a Difference – We are committed to effecting a positive change in the lives of our staff, clients and the communities in which we work
- Exceptional Service – We are dedicated to taking the time to understand the needs of others, embracing diversity, and working collaboratively to achieve the best outcomes for our staff, clients and the communities in which we work
- One Team – We are united in our mission to be the best organisation in the world helping people to achieve their vocational goal
- Accountable – We take accountability for our actions and outcomes and are committed to operate ethically while providing the highest level of service to deliver outstanding result
- Innovative – We seek out opportunities to deliver outstanding results by applying creative thinking and innovative strategies to continuous improvement of our systems, processes and client services
ORS have been ISO certified since 2007
We like to ensure our services consistently meet client requirements, and that quality is consistently improved.
National Standards for Disability Services (NSDS)
ORS have been certified against disability standards since 2007, initially under Disability Service Standards before transitioning to National Standards for Disability Services (NSDS)
These standards have a greater focus on person centred approaches and promote choice and control by people with disability.
Chief Executive Officer, Peter Scott
When you talk about The ORS Group, you have to talk about our CEO Peter Scott. It all started with him. Peter is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. He recognises that helping people achieve their vocational goals is one significant way to do that, and inspires this belief in all who work with The ORS Group. This desire is evident in the company he helped build and shape – with the business ethos “we make a difference” integrated into all operations and interactions. Since Peter Scott took over the management of ORS Rehabilitation & Placement Services in September 1992, the company has grown in size and scope to help fulfil this mission.
Peter has been involved in workplace rehabilitation in both Australia and the United States of America since 1982 and in employment services since 1975. Prior to taking over ORS Rehabilitation & Placement Services, Peter was one of the founding managers of the Rehabilitation Division at the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Commission (WorkCover WA).
Peter has a Bachelor’s degree and Graduate Diploma in Psychology, a Master’s degree in Rehabilitation Counselling and is an accomplished trainer, innovator and leader.