Fees and Refunds
NEW SOUTH WALES
ORS Training Solutions will invoice an Enrolled Student in line with the subsidised Smart & Skilled Qualification the “Student Fee” schedule
Students may be eligible for a concession or exemption. Where applicable the Concession fee for that qualification will be invoiced.
Students will be required to check their eligibility for Concession or Exemption and provide appropriate evidence to support the eligibility.
For students who are eligible for a Fee Exemption, the Amount of the Fee is $0.
Students who qualify for fee exemption are:
- Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
- People with a Disability (that is people who meet the disability fee exemption criteria, inducing the dependent child, spouse or partner of a recipient of a Disability Support Pension.
- Recipients of a fee-free scholarship.
Students are able to check eligibility for Smart and Skilled, estimate the fee for the qualification or confirm Concession or Exemption via www.smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au
Calculating and adjusting fees for recognition of prior learning and credit transfer
Where RPL or CT is granted at Enrolment, ORS will need to use the Smart & Skilled Provider Calculator (found in RTO Contract Services Page menu) to determine the applicable student fee
“This training is subsidised by the NSW Government”
Students who withdraw are entitled to a full refund of the applicable course fee, resource fee and other fees where:
- a unit is cancelled or re-scheduled to a time unsuitable to the student; or
- a student is not given a place due to maximum number of places being reached.
Accountable officers can approve a full refund of fees at any time during delivery if a class is cancelled because of declining student numbers, no available lecturer, or due to other circumstances caused by the RTO.
RTOs must set a census/withdrawal date for each unit at no less than 20% of the way through the period during which that unit is undertaken.
Students who withdraw for reasons other than those outlined in section 6.8.1 and who lodge a withdrawal form before the census/withdrawal date for a unit will be eligible for a full refund of the course fee for the unit and:
- a full refund of the resource fee if the course is a Diploma; or
- Advanced Diploma course; or
- 50% of the resource fee if the course is below Diploma level.
Accountable officers can approve a pro rata refund of fees and charges at any time during the course of delivery if students withdraw for reasons of personal circumstances beyond their control.
- serious illness resulting in extended absence from classes;
- injury or disability that prevents the student from completing their program of
- study; or
- other exceptional reasons at the discretion of the accountable officer.
In all cases, relevant documentary evidence (for example, medical certificate) is required. Details of all refunds should be retained for audit purposes, and the enrolment form annotated to show that a refund has been given.
Please download the full VET Fees and Charges Policy 2018 for further information – from https://www.dtwd.wa.gov.au/sites/default/files/uploads/dtwd-vet-fees-charges-policy-v2018_v2-28june.pdf
For the full list of Eligible Concessions, please refer to the ORS Training Solutions Administration Team on 1800 000 677 or the State Training Authority in your state.
The full ORS Training Solutions Fees & Refunds Policy can be obtained by contact 1800 000 677 or email email@example.com