The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) supports people with a permanent and significant disability that affects their ability to take part in everyday activities. It offers more choice and control over how, when and where supports are provided, and provides certainty regarding lifetime support needs.
The NDIS is being rolled out in stages across Australia because it’s a big change to the current system. There are eligibility (access) requirements for the NDIS which vary based on the area. For more information, see the NDIS Access requirements page.
The ORS Group (ORS) is currently a registered provider of NDIS services in ACT, Tasmania, NSW, Victoria and WA which includes the NDIS School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES) program.
Under the NDIS, ORS can assist you to access and receive the support you require to achieve your personal goals. Once you obtain an approved NDIS plan with supports identified, ORS will work with you through an individualised planning process to identify tailored services linked to the supports to achieve or work towards your goal. Your individualised plan sets out your goals and aspirations and the NDIS funded disability supports (services and products) that will help you achieve goals in many aspects of life; including independence, involvement in your community, education, employment and health and wellbeing.
The Scheme will also fund employment related supports where these are beyond the requirements of employment services and employers. This includes:
- Assisting participants who are not eligible for Disability Employment Services or Job Active to build their skills and capacity to participate in employment, as well as assistance to find and maintain employment.
- Personal care or assistance with transport
- Assistive technology devices such as wheelchairs, personal communication devices or a hearing aid
- Supported employment, such as services offered by Australian Disability Enterprises
ORS currently offer disability support services within the following NDIS Support areas:
- Support with daily living and life skills
- Assistance to access and maintain employment – finding and keeping a job
- Assistance to access community, social and recreational activities
- Coordination of supports
- Therapeutic and Specialist Supports
ORS staff include a team of disability experts (including Occupational Therapists, Exercise Physiologists, Psychologists, Employment Consultants, Trainers and Rehabilitation Counsellors) who can support you with a wide range of services. These include:
- Workplace modification assessments
- Prescription of assistive and adaptive equipment
- Psychosocial assessments
- Psychological assessments and counselling
- Work readiness assessments
- Workplace social skills training and behaviour management
- Disability and mental health awareness training within the workplace
- Anger and Pain management
- Personal Helpers and Mentors Program (PHaMs)
- Disability disclosure training
- Functional/Physical Capacity assessments
- Cognitive and WAIS assessments
- Vocational assessments and counselling
- Relapse prevention planning
- Workplace mediation
- Disability/Injury management training
- Exercise programs
- Nationally Accredited training
For more information regarding NDIS services, contact The ORS Group:
Phone: 1800 000 677
Online enquiry form: click here