What is telehealth?
Telehealth is an alternative way of delivering effective evidence-based Allied Health Services. In many ways, it’s just like seeing any other health provider face to face, but instead of driving to an office location, or catching public transport, your face-to-face appointment is virtual, through the use of digital technology. Where such technology is not available, some appointments can also be conducted over the phone.
With the recent advancements relating to the COVID-19 outbreak, telehealth has quickly grown to be the preferred method to support the continuation of servicing, while ensuring the health and safety of our clients, families and staff.
ORS are committed and highly experienced in delivering telehealth services; in fact, we have been delivering telehealth to Employee Assistance Program (EAP) customers across Australia for many years. We see telehealth as the future of NDIS service delivery, well beyond the current circumstances.
ORS 2021 Swallowing Awareness Day
Hear from Haylee on why she choose the ORS Speech Pathology New Grad Program
Jane Maree discusses what level of support she provides as a Speech Pathology Regional Manager
Jane Maree discusses the ORS Speech Pathology Graduate Program
Why is telehealth so important?
There are several significant benefits to using telehealth technology. Telehealth services:
- Are a convenient alternative to face-to-face
- Eliminate travel times and costs for people
- Eliminate health and safety risks
- Support continuation of servicing during difficult times
- Increase the choice of service providers outside your immediate area
- Address access issues for people with disability, illnesses, other conditions
We can provide a wide range of services via telehealth including:
- Functional assessments
- Supported Independent Living (SIL) assessments
- Sensory assessments
- Equipment prescription
- Home modification, including minor and some major, please contact us to discuss your individual needs
- Sensory intervention
- Functional capacity building skills
- Behaviour support assessments
- Behaviour plan implementation
- Restrictive practice consulting and training
- Counselling and psychological intervention
- Limited diagnostics
- Communication assessments
- Speech and language assessments
- Social skills and communication training
- Exercise prescription
- Capacity building
- Mobility assessments
Get in touch today to find out how we can assist you or your clients in meeting set NDIS goals.